At Tekaris, we are currently undergoing recertification for our Microsoft Gold Partner Status. As a part of this, I was collecting topics addressed by possible questions and thought it might be helpful for others.
It definitely helped me to revisit some concepts by identifying required knowledge for that exam and digging into it. To get an overview, I have compiled a list of topics. Some are only listed by name, others have links which you can follow, others are even detailed with a few words.
- Operations on arrays like sort, map, filter
- The difference between call() and apply(), as detailed in this SO answer
- Exception handling (global error handling, catching exceptions)
- Online state of application via navigator.onLine property and associated events (watch your head: onLine has a capital L)
Then there’s that slightly broader topic of that little keyword this and closures.
Why on earth do we see
And then, be sure to head over to Html5 Rocks for their introduction to Web Workers. Some points to take away:
- There are actually two types of Workers defined in the spec: Web Workers and Shared Workers
- Some things a worker cannot access: DOM, localStorage or sessionStorage. They do have a list of options, though, but I’ll shamelessly refer you to these details on SO for that.
The obvious one is the Javscript section of the comprehensive Mozilla Developer Network (MDN). It has a wealth of information, sometimes along with helpful side notes when it comes to details.
Hope that helps